Tuesday, July 22, 2008

whAt fUn is pArt tWo

Lucky Us...stake lagoon day is during bounce back. Which basically means we get to do it all over again. Only this time Jeron and I had the bright idea to do Lagoon-a-beach the first half of the day. First off it smells like Elephant Encounters at the Zoo. (does that bother anyone else?) Second there is like oh I don't know four million people there, and where do they find these people. Third it is DIRTY and not much bothers me in the dirty department! Forth the "grass" is basically just mud. Last but not least you have to pay to rent tubes. Are you kidding me. I am shocked and to stress that again I AM SHOCKED that people actually buy season passes to this place. Two days is one day too many. I know I am a snob, brat, what have you but it makes my skin crawl. I will never and I mean never go back to Lagoon-A-Beach if I have any say in the matter.

Jeron and I went our separate ways then we met up to have lunch it was then that we both looked at each other and said "Let's get the heck out of here." My skin crawls now just thinking about it. Oh was I glad when that was over.

We met up with the Richards right after we left Elephant Encounters. That is when it got good. I love my cousin. We have been more like sisters our whole lives. I have a blast whenever I am with her. The best part is that our husbands like each other and our kids LOVE each other. We hung out the rest of the time. Taking turns on rides and watching the kids. My kids went from being brave to being total chickens. Is it the age? JJ refused to go on the samari and Brookie went. I would never have let someone show me up. I have way to much pride to do that. She had a blast...I really wish he had tried it. He did do the rocket with a little coaxing on Jeron's part. I guess I should back off a little.

I learned my lesson with JJ and made Emma go on Wicked with me. She was so mad at me. She was crying and right when the ride started she screamed at the top of her lungs..."I don't want to go on this ride" I laughed the whole way. I know that is probably border line abuse. I will have to say it was very funny. She survived and now she can say she went twice on wicked.

It was a long day but it will make for some great memories. I know my kids had a blast and that is all that matters...right?






6 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

I am one of the dirty freaks that loves Lagoon. I would have to agree with the Lagoon-A-Beach part though. It isn't kid-friendly. But Lagoon itself makes me excited inside. I loved it as a little girl and I still love to ride. It looks like your day turned out ok though.

Maren said...

Wow. You are a mean mom! HAHA Jk! I feel bad for Emma though... I can just feel her anxiety. Man oh man we're so much alike. Remember the time I almost fell out of the Screamer... Yeah... enough said. :) I'm totally kidding about you being a mean mom.

Jana said...

That picture of you and Calee is so cute and you aren't even pulling a face (you are a weirdo)! Glad you had fun despite hanging with the elephants for awhile!!

brittanyc said...

All I think of when I picture Lagoon-a-beach is CRYPTO VIRUS. Diarrhea, dirtiness, and yuck, yuck, yuck! I agree with you!
Britt

Jewels said...

You forgot the fifth and most important reason not to attend Lagoon a Beach. The water is ALWAYS ice cold! I don't know if there are just a ton of kids peeing in Cherry Hill's water or what but it is always pleasant! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

emblair said...

Fun rides and spending the day with cousins...I couldn't think of a more perfect day! How fun!