Saturday, July 12, 2008

Free at last...

Jeron and myself have not had a date in I don't know how long. We take our kids with us to everything. It was so nice to have a free night (except Elsie...darn nursing) and just have adult time. Mama and Papa watched the kids so we could have the night off. Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

We went with our good friends the Gough's to dinner and a movie. It was Nichole's birthday and she planned the whole thing. (my bad...I probably should have done that) She turned the big whopping 27. Ya, we are a little old to hang with them. If you think about it they are Smitty's age. I don't think that I ever thought it was cool to hang with Smitty and his friends back in the day. I was way to mature for that. Either I am getting more immature as time goes on or it changes when you have kids and a mortgage. What ever it is I am glad that we have crossed those lines.

We ate at P.F. Changs and then went to see Indian Jones. We love hanging out with the Gough's. We laugh the whole time when we are with them. Thanks for a really fun night. Even if I did eat so much I ccouldn't stand it.

8 comments:

Jewels said...

What a fun week you guys have had!! I will go to Lagoon with you anytime and ride the big rides-Wicked is my favorite! I also love P.F. Changs, we really need to get together, we seem to love all of the same things. I hope this week is just as much fun!!

Company EIGHT said...

What a FUN night! I love date nights, although like you, they are too few and far between. We need to get out alone more often!!

Chelsea said...

Oh man, I'm jelous. We take Kate everywhere, too. I can't wait to go on a date night just the two of us. Someday...I hope! :)

And I'm glad Lagoon ended up being fun!

Maren said...

So... did you like Indiana? I thought it was super lame because of the stupid aliens... ugh! Anyway, I'm glad you guys were able to have a free night. I wish I could take your kids for you more often. You should send them on out. I'm free all of August :)

kachiai said...

you know what with comments like that i might just kick you out of the cool siblings club... all i'm sayin is that you better be careful.

Hailey said...

so mad we missed it!! We'll have to do it another night...

emblair said...

I could soooo go for a fun date night!!!!! Glad you got one!

The Goughs said...

Hey - I love you guys too! Lots and lots of laughs when we're with the Snows! Thanks again for coming and celebrating with me.