Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lagoon...What fun is?

We had our annual Stake Lagoon Day today. It is when you can take your kids to Lagoon and pay $28 a ticket rather then $39 to suffer in the heat, long lines, and strange environment. There are some weird ducks out there. No...it was a great time. Rocky at first but ended on a great note. The day started off when Jeron got home late and the kids were getting upset that we hadn't gone yet. Then we lost the discount tickets. We never did find them but thanks to a mistake I had made already we had six extra so we took those ones. When we got there I forgo to get extra diapers in the diaper bag, so I had to go home and get those. We dropped off Jeron, JJ, and Emma and me and the girls went to get diapers. When I finally get there I find out that JJ and Emma are both to scared to go on any big rides. This is unreal to me. I love the scary rides. I wasn't about to have any of that. So I told them how fun it would be to go on Wicked. They didn't believe me. I really didn't want to spend all that money so my kids could hang out in kiddy land the whole time. We rode a lot of rides there...JJ seemed to be getting pretty bored. I told him and Jeron to head off to the bigger rides and I would keep the girls. We did this for a while. Emma was having fun and Ellie loved to go on anything that Emma went on. The best part is that Emma was always a bit nervous at the start of a ride. Ellie just loved it. Maybe she will be my daring child. When we left for dinner Emma said she was done and didn't want to go back. My nerves were shot. I said "fine I will take the girls home and Daddy and JJ can go back and have fun. This will be the last time that I spend money on you to go to Lagoon." (Idle threat...not good, I know) After some food in all of our belly's the mood changed and now my kids were ready to take on the big rides. I will have to say that I am pretty proud of my six and eight year old for going on Wicked. They loved it. See Mom and Dad are always right. The day ended on a good note. It was fun to have a day with just our family.

I think JJ is having way to much fun on this ride. Maybe they should try out the big stuff

Jeron and JJ on the Umbrella ride(you have to wear closed toe shoes so when Ellie went she wore JJ's shoes)

Sweet Moment with Daddy

Ellie wasn't to sure about this ride with big brother jerking the plane the whole time. Last time JJ gets to ride with Ellie

No Elsie did not get attacked by a bear...that is just the result of Ellie trying to get her out of her car seat when we weren't looking.

Jeron loved these rides!

Proof that I came!

Kids on Bulgy the Whale...Last ride of the night.

The girls loved that they got the pink boat.

Dino Drop was the only ride that Ellie got scared on.

This was Ellie's favorite ride by far. It was right by the music so she would dance the whole time. She went probably seven times.

This made me laugh...look at Emma's face. See how serious she is. Well I thought I bet she thinks she is really controlling that ride. The first thing she said when she got off was "I almost ran over the flowers...that is really hard to drive." I had to laugh, but I never did tell her she wasn't in control.

8 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

I love Lagoon! We should just go one day. I will ride all the big rides with you. Ok, next time you leave diapers at home, call me, I will bring them to you. Sorry you had to go all the way home. I am glad it ended well.

Jana said...

Looks like fun and I love that Emma thought she was driving the car. So cute!

Tara Lynn said...

oh what fun!!! ten years soon?? how awesome.. you two need to get away! if you can't find anyone to watch your babies- i will volunteer us! so no excuses!

Erin said...

If I would have known how scared your kids were I would have told them to not do Wicked after I got off! Hee Hee I'm evil! I am glad they had a good time.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg 'n' rich said...

Okay, How did I totally miss Stake Lagoon Day? Seriously, whats wrong with me. Guess that's what happens when they stick both you and your hubby in primary. You miss all of the announcements. Dang!

Glad you all had such a fun day!

Nikki said...

My kids are addicted to Lagoon, they ask every night if we can go. Riley only wants to go on the big kid rides. She loves Wicked and begs me to let her go with just her dad so they can go without having to ride the little kid rides. Kids are so funny..I have to agree with you about the interesting people there, makes for good people watching though! And we do need to get our girls together one of these days!

Misty said...

Oh, that makes for one hot, long day - but I'm glad you had fun and it all worked out! Next time you have issues, give me a call. I could have helped you with the tickets, diapers, tending those who didn't want to go back, etc. etc.