Thursday, April 22, 2010

{Tubes AGAIN! and the rock adventure}

Little miss Ellie went in for her ear check and we found out that her left ear has fluid in it. We tried medication and nothing worked. It meant surgery again. This is Ellie's ninth surgery. Poor little ladybug. She was a trooper this time. She was so brave and didn't cry much at all.

Sharing the bed with her baby sister

She is starting to get a little loopy right about now.

One of the funnest moments was with Grandma. Ellie HATES and I mean HATES the blood pressure cuff. When she got out of surgery she was lying in her bed and all the sudden looked over at Grandma who was on her left where the cuff was and said "HEY!!" With a very angry voice. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized that the blood pressure was being taken. She thought it was Grandma who did it to her. It really was hilarious.

Daddy loving his angel

Boo taking care of her sister? :)

Who can resist that smile?

After surgery I thought we would go home, watch some movies, and relax. Nope! Ellie had other things on her mind. Instead when went on a nature walk, looked for cows, tried to climb barbed wire, and found some rocks to paint. They painted two rocks an my oh my can little kids make a mess with the paint. I need to get different paint cause it was all over my kitchen by the time these two got done.



Ellie even went to Emma's soccer game that night. She really did so well. I am glad that it didn't take a lot out of her. It is already making a difference in the way she can hear. Let's hope it helps the speech.

5 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm glad that it is helping. She is so cute! It was fun seeing you all today.

Jana said...

What a trooper! She is so stinkin' cute. Hope she wasn't on a permanent sugar high after all the cupcakes....haha. Love her!!

Misty said...

I am pathetic...how could I not know about this?! Poor thing, she's adorable though!

Company EIGHT said...

What a dolly. I'm glad everything went so well, and that she felt so good afterward!

larshannon said...

9 is a lot of surgeries! We've only had 4 and that is spread out on 3 kids! What a trooper. Hope the hearing helps. It made a big difference at our house.