Sunday, April 6, 2008

I just loved that Elder M. Russell Ballard wrote his talk for me!

Okay...as most of you know I had a "I'm a crappy Mom day" last week. It always seems that when General Conference comes around I am in need of a major tune up. It was nice to sit and listen to the talks and feel like maybe I could take on the world again. By Saturday night the mood in our home seemed to be lighter. Sunday sessions of conference were all very nice...

...but when Elder Ballard spoke it took me back. Again I had one of those moments that I knew he wrote his talk for me. (My other moment was the day after Ellie was born President Foust spoke on raising a child with special needs.)It was so nice to hear an apostle of the Lord tell me that I am good enough. There was the part that he spoke to the husbands and my sweet husband turned to me and said "Over the past six weeks of having you on bed rest and in the hospital I learned how hard it is to be a Mom...You are amazing." Then Elder Ballard spoke to the children. I started to cry. He was so loving teaching them that they needed to help out and obey. My kids all intently listened. I think each of them took it in. Emma helped out the rest of the evening and JJ was sweet to his sisters. Watching my kids sit with their head turned to listen to an Apostle was a sweet moment. Then seeing that they actually listened was amazing. I love conference. I am ready now to work hard and "Try a little harder to be a little better."

For those of you who are wondering what is General Conference? This is a world wide meeting that takes place twice a year. The leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints give talks and words of encouragement. They guide us in the principles of the gospel. For me it is always a pick me up.

I hope all of you Mothers heard that talk. If you missed it you need to read it. It really was wonderful. He wanted us to know that we are special and loved. Isn't that all any of us wants to know.

9 comments:

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

I loved his talk too! I felt like it was written for me as well - I guess it was written for all young mothers. It was nice. My kids were very well behaved during Conference as well. It was a nice weekend.

Abi said...

heard it. loved it!

Jana said...

That talk was amazing and so reassuring that we are all going to be ok!! My mom said she thinks we should read it everyday just so we remember. I agree!!

Company EIGHT said...

It was an amazing talk--right when I needed it too! I can't wait for the conference issue of the Ensign, so I can mark it and read it often. Funny enough, he started talking when my girls were at their craziest moments. We just had to look at each other and laugh!

emblair said...

Loved his talk! I think every mother and father out there needed to hear his inspired words. Too bad MY sweet hubby didn't hear this one...I might have to print it out and leave it on his pillow! :0)

Maren said...

I thought it was a really good talk even though I'm not a mother or anything of the sort. He's really in tune with what people are going through today. He always gives good talks though...

Maren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paige said...

Megan... this is the first and probably only comment I'll put on any blog...and it has nothing to do with the pics or stories you write. Can you please make a correction? It's NELSON silly! There is no "I" in Nelson.
Love ya and congrats on the new baby, she's a cutie!
Love,
Landon

Collings Family said...

Oh my gosh I loved that talk too! I bawled through it and actually considered writing him a thank you note which I never thought I would do.