Friday, April 25, 2008

In Loving Memory of Richard Lloyd


My cousin in law has been fighting cancer for the past year. He was able to return to our Father in Heaven today. He has been an example of strength and faith in our Savior during his battle. He wrote almost everyday updating everyone on his condition. He was always positive in all he faced. He has strengthened me by watching him. I have been able to handle my trials due in part to his example. Thank you Rich for letting us all be a part of your life. We will miss you.



Here is what his family wrote on his blog. "We just wanted to let you all know of Rich’s passing today. He passed away very peacefully just before 5 o’clock this afternoon, surrounded by his family. An incredible sense of peace has been ever-present. We couldn’t be more proud of Rich. It’s been a privilege and blessing to witness his great strength and faith. We love all of you and look forward to celebrating and honoring his amazing life in the days to come."

9 comments:

Marj said...

Thank you. I just did mine. I think you did a wonderful job of expressing your thoughts here. Love you.

Jana said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin-in-laws passing. He was much too young to leave his family and my heart breaks for them and for all of you. We will continue our prayers on everyones behalf especially for his sweet wife and children. Love you!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! He sounds like he was an AMAZING man! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and his cute little family! What a wonderful knowledge we have in knowing families are forever!

Collings Family said...

This post really touched me. Sorry to hear of his passing. A few days ago my own father would have been 62 if he hadn't lost his fight with cancer. I know that your cousin will be greatly missed, and isn't it wonderful that we have the knowledge that he's in a great place? Thanks for sharing.

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

So sorry. Gosh they have been through too much! He was way too young. Aaah! Sorry.

Shellie said...

I always admire people that go through this trial and stay positive through out it. I don't know if I could. I can tell he was a great example to all that knew him!

Jewels said...

We are so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing such wonderful words of inspiration. They look like a strong family, how sad.

meg 'n' rich said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy. I was touched by the picture of him with his family. I feel for those boys who have lost their father. He seems to have been an amazing example for them and for everyone else who knew him. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Chelsea said...

Ya, it's the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. I don't know if it has been remodeled or not, we haven't lived here that long. If you checked out their website (treehousemuseum.org) you could probably tell from the pictures. See ya!